The Insurrectionist Movement in America Continues to Grow
Robert A. Pape, founding Director of the University of Chicago Project on Security & Threats and a Professor of Political Science at the University of Chicago
Prof. Robert A. Pape’s previous research revealed a new kind of violent mass movement is growing in America, and not one confined to the usual suspects when it comes to right-wing extremism and nationalism. And the drivers for the movement do not necessarily fit previous narratives.
In his latest research, using online and nationally representative surveys, Prof. Pape addresses the most pointed questions yet:
• How much support is there to reinstate former President Trump by force?
• How large is the insurrectionist movement?
• Is it continuing to grow?
• What are the drivers?
• Who are the insurrectionists listening to?
• Who could influence the movement and help America?
The answers to these questions are not only surprising but also profoundly disturbing for the future of democracy and political stability in America. Anyone concerned about America’s future cannot afford to miss Prof. Pape discussing his latest findings.